- State of Arizona Inmate #151281
- Gender: Male
- Ethnicity: Hispanic
- Date of Birth: December 2, 1981
- Family Information: Unknown
- A.K.A. Unknown
- Date of Offense: June 12, 2003
- Victim: ??, age ?? male
Criminal History Before OffenseEdit
- Martinez and three friends robbed and beat the victim with fists, feet, and the butt of a shotgun. They then bound the victim with duct tape and drove into the desert, where Martinez shot the victim twice with a shotgun, covered his body with trash, and lit him on fire. A patrolling police officer saw the smoke from the fire and apprehended all defendants.
- Judge: Howard Fell
- Prosecutor: Teresa Godoy and Kellie Johnson
- Defense Attorney: Richard Parrish and Christian Kimminau
- Trial commenced on November 1, 2005. On November 9, 2005, the jury returned verdicts of guilty to charges of First Degree Murder and Kidnapping. On November 18, 2005, the defendant was sentenced to death for the murder charge and 20 years for the kidnapping charge.
Post Conviction InformationEdit
- In 2008, the Arizona Supreme Court upheld the convictions and sentences.