- Arizona State Inmate #070566
- Gender: Male
- Ethnicity: Caucasian
- Date of Birth: December 25, 1969
- Family Information: Unknown
- A.K.A. Unknown
- Pima County Superior Court Case #57526
- Date of Offenses: May 30, 1996 & June 13, 1996
- Chip O'Dell, May 30, 1996 - age ?? male
- Tom Hardman, May 30, 1996 - age ?? male
- Maribeth Munn, June 13, 1996 - age ?? female
- Carol Lynn Noel, June 13, 1996 - age 50 female
- Judy Bell, June 13, 1996 - age ?? female
- Arthur 'Taco' Bell, June 13, 1996 - age ?? male
Criminal History Before OffenseEdit
- Unlawful Use of Means of Transportation, 1988
- Attempted Burglary in the Second Degree, 1988
- Burglary in the Second Degree, 1991
- Theft, 1991
- On May 30, 1996, Jones and co-defendant Scott Nordstrom entered the Moon Smoke Shop while Scott's brother David kept watch outside. Scott and Jones followed Chip O'Dell into the store and immediately shot him in the head, killing him. Tom Hardman ran into a back room where he was also shot in the head. Jones and Scott took an undetermined amount of cash. Several other store employees who were present were not killed and later testified against Jones.
- On June 13, 1996, Jones and Scott entered the Firefighter's Union Hall and attempted to rob the safe. After the bartender was unable to open it, Jones killed her with a gunshot to the head, as well as the other three witnesses in the same manner. Eventually, David would confess what he knew to his girlfriend, who called the police.
- Judge: John Leonardo
- Prosecutor: David White
- Defense Attorney: Eric Larsen and David Braun
- Trial commenced on June 17, 1998. On June 26, 1998, the jury returned a verdict of guilty to six charges of First Degree Murder, one charge of Attempted First Degree Murder, three charges of Armed Robbery, two charges of Burglary in the First Degree, and three charges of Aggravated Assault with a Deadly Weapon/Dangerous Instrument. Trial length was 10 days. On December 7, 1998, Jones was sentenced to six consecutive death sentences for the First Degree Murder charges, as well as 144.5 years for the other charges.
Post Conviction InformationEdit
- On June 15, 2000, the Arizona Supreme Court upheld the convictions and sentences.